SAINT PAUL – Minnesota workers shoulder the fourth highest individual income tax burden in the country, according to a recent report from WalletHub report. According to statistics provided by WalletHub analyst Jill Gonzalez, Minnesota’s individual income tax rate is 3.59 percent. Gonzalez said that rate is not entirely bad news for the state because “Minnesota actually offers the […]
By Carrie Salls – Watchdog.org contributor TALLAHASSEE – Florida residents have the sixth lowest state tax burden in the U.S., according to a recent WalletHub report. “Florida has the sixth lowest total tax burden at 6.79 percent mostly because the state has no income tax,” WalletHub analyst Jill Gonzalez said. “One of the advantages is that […]
Efforts to repeal and replace Obamacare are gaining new momentum in Washington D.C. weeks after House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wis., pulled a replacement bill from the floor after it failed to gain enough Republican support. U.S. Rep. Rodney Davis, R-Taylorville, said he has been asked by the White House to revive plans to change the nation’s health […]
By Michael Carroll Michigan business organizations want to put the brakes on a section of the GOP tax reform plan that would tax goods imported into the country, arguing that the measure could burden import-dependent companies such as car makers. A study released this month by Freedom Partners, a nonprofit, nonpartisan policy institute, found that […]
Environmental groups push bag bans as a necessary planet-saving step. But do they work?
Despite charter schools and shrinking enrollment, Jackson public schools are receiving more tax revenue rather than less.
Meanwhile, investigators were at the Milwaukee ODAR office last month looking into an alleged breach of an employee’s private records.
“I wasn't willing to give up my integrity and forego the safety of our students for the carrot they offered,” Burton wrote.
Anti-smoking nannies have pushed their crusade further and further, and in California they’re increasingly reaching into peoples’ lives. Next up? They’re trying to prohibit smoking inside your own home.
A bill passed by the Mississippi Legislature could provide supervision for the state's occupational licensing boards.
A lawsuit argues that President Obama's creation of a national monument in the Atlantic Ocean is beyond the reach of the Antiquities Act.
In the States
- Texas student commits suicide after Title IX kangaroo court
- School choice proponents hope for a ‘grand bargain’
- Travis County sheriff cannot verify release of criminal illegals
- Texas property taxes will keep climbing under SB 2
- Houston pension bill moves ahead, despite flaws
- Election voided over free glowsticks at Texas A&M
- Read More
- Wisconsin in focus: Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Wisconsin in focus: U.S.-Canada trade battle heats up
- Wisconsin in focus: Repeal of prevailing wage debated
- Wisconsin community banks hopeful for Dodd-Frank rollback
- Wisconsin in focus: Milk plants asked to save dairy farms
- Wisconsin's top headlines - April 21
- Read More
- Higher spending on shrinking Jackson public schools belies complaints about charters
- Despite Trump's proposed cuts, Essential Air Service is not going anywhere
- Cybersecurity audit finds students can access obscene material on school computers
- Mississippi Power announces yet another operational date for the Kemper Project
- Mississippi charter schools case hinges on key constitutional question
- Mississippi Legislature wraps up session by passing key reform bills
- Read More