The Smithsonian National Museum in Washington, D.C., and Sports Illustrated model Kathy Ireland have something in common. Both have displayed the award-winning American Indian artwork of Peggy Fontenot, one of the 1,500 members of the Patawomeck Tribe of Virginia. “It’s history is with Pocahontas, John Smith and Jamestown,” Fontenot, who now lives in California, tells […]
Less than two weeks before Election Day, American Federation of Teachers President Randi Weingarten told Politico that ...
In a win for accused students, an Ohio judge has affirmed that cross-examination is vital to a student's defense.
THIS JUST IN
"Jill Stein tried to make an ideological point to fan the flames to raise money."
After 24 years as a second-home owner in Vermont, Canadian citizen Greg Cunningham is being forced to sell his home due to skyrock ...
The GSA paid $750,000 to put a specially-commissioned cedar sculpture in the Miami field office of the FBI. And that's not the bad ...
Local educators and child service providers raised funding fears at a public meeting between the Vermont Refugee Resettlement Prog ...
“The fact that a VA employee put veterans’ health at risk is unacceptable."
Meanwhile, Trump’s lawyers filed an objection to Stein’s recount efforts in Michigan.
Advocates are hopeful that President-elect Donald Trump’s education platform of expanding school choice could lead to more t ...
"But what if we allowed parents to choose what school their kids attend?"
Rather than pay back some of the tax incentive money, the research institute is doubling-down on its refusal to comply with the st ...
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security quietly shut down Operation Phalanx, an aerial surveillance program that interc ...
“If you want to talk, talk. If you want to shout, then get the hell out,” he told the protesters. “At least wait u ...
The records have been “paraded about the office by an employee,” the source said.
In the States
- Cities ‘disingenuous’ on taxes, senator says
- Occupational licensing rules spark backlash
- Grounded Phalanx operation nabbed 110,000 illegals at border
- Tax protest study stirs Lubbock Appraisal District
- Texans press Homeland Security to ramp up border flights
- Best of the worst: Austin debt totals $3,000 per household
- Read More
- Property taxes force second-home owner to give up on Vermont
- Educators express funding worries at Rutland refugee meeting
- Local solar project pits property owners against community
- Vermont to miss benefits of falling natural gas prices
- Crime expert calls for absentee voting restrictions to prevent election fraud
- Vermont’s all-renewable claims based on uneven RECs market
- Read More
- Kemper Project operational costs increase another $68 million
- Mississippi Power increases rates due to rising fuel prices
- Gov. Bryant prioritizes Jackson in 2018 budget recommendation
- U.S. Rep. Gregg Harper says recount is attempt to paint Trump win as 'illegitimate'
- Watchdog's Top 10 List: Bureaucrats Behaving Badly
- Kemper Project's nearly $7 billion cost by the numbers
- Read More