Energy and Environment
“The usual suspects crow that coal can’t come back, it can’t compete with gas,” says a senior fellow at the Competitive Enterprise Institute. “I believe it’s too early to tell.”
Cross the line from the sidewalk to the street without a permit and protesters could have big problems.
A guilty plea by the head of a visa-investor operation gives another black eye to the scandal-plagued EB-5 program.
THIS JUST IN
Rutland’s four mayoral candidates squared off Wednesday in a live radio debate.
Two months into Philadelphia's 1.5 cents per ounce soda tax, distributors are reporting 30-50 percent declines in sales.
Vermont Republicans allege that Democratic House leader Jill Krowinski violated state campaign finance law.
Betsy DeVos mentioned free speech concerns at CPAC.
“How is it if we’re going to build confidence with you as an agency and miss $550 million in a report?" Ross asked lawmakers.
It might be cheaper to run the Kemper power plant on natural gas, but Mississippi Power is committed to clean coal.
Who, us? Western Pennsylvania counties say they're unfairly targeted by "sanctuary city" proposal.
Florida lawmakers look to bar insurers from removing drugs from their medical formularies during the policy year.
Creators of Vermont's all-payer model have yet to determine how to budget for self-paying patients who don't pay.
“The schoolhouse door is not where to deal with illegal immigration."
A report on a federal investigation into the Madison disability review office revealed troubling conduct.
Cornell must investigate a male student's accusation of sex discrimination.
In the States
- Council candidate: Don’t ‘bond out bureaucrats’
- Judge in Paxton case prefers Collin County venue, but won't commit
- Bill would refund taxes on homes sold under appraised value
- Land battle, Japanese ‘monopoly’ dog high-speed train in Texas
- A legislative roundup of school choice proposals
- Prosecutors’ motion effectively an admission of Paxton’s innocence
- Read More
- Law, tradition and Vermont’s dance around sanctuary status
- Republicans await AG’s response to alleged Democrat campaign finance law violation
- Rutland mayoral candidates talk refugees, taxes in on-air debate
- All-payer needs to address self-pay and cost-shift problems
- Non-malicious bag tampering ends controversial election recount
- Immigration policy clash hanging over Scott visit to Trump White House
- Read More
- Why don't we do it in the road? Because we might get arrested
- Lawmakers to insurers, pharmacy benefit managers: Stop pulling drugs
- Federalism message echoed by Florida health subcommittee members
- Amid Republican row, some House Democrats voice disapproval of Enterprise Florida
- Florida education committee demands Title I funding with fewer strings
- Task force would seek to remake Florida's criminal justice system
- Read More